Jun 26, 2009

All-Time All-Star


With the 2009 All-Star game approaching, I think it is only appropriate to focus on Andre being an 8-time All-Star.

Andre was a player's player, a manager's player, and a fan's player. The players that played with or against Andre loved him. Managers loved his approach to the game. And fans respected the way he played.

It was Andre's ability and work ethic that made him an 8-time All-Star, not to mention being voted by the fans to be a National League starter in 7 of the 8 games. The only game he didn't start was the 1989 game. He was a starting outfielder in the 1981-83, 1987, 1988, 1990, and 1991 games.*

He won the 1987 pre-All-Star game festivity the Home Run Derby, fitting since he led the Majors that year in home runs. He capped off his last All-Star appearance in 1991 by hitting a majestic home run in Toronto’s Skydome.*

Being an elected to start 7 All-Star games is a great accolade, but being elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame would be the ultimate compliment to Andre's career.

*www.wikipedia.org

2 comments:

  1. Charley,

    I just wanted to say that I really enjoy the blog! I'm a HUGE Dawson fan myself. I hope he gets his long overdue call to the Hall in 2010! Keep up the great work and I'll keep reading!

    Thanks
    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do believe that hes has something special with regards how he deals people and how he play his game. Just like Mr. Jordan in the field of basketball. Both of them really has the same quality.

    Winston from receveur de douche extra plat 

    ReplyDelete